Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Bob!

                                                         image from http://rockhall.com/inductees/bob-marley
Today is Bob Marley's birthday. Even though there's no Google Doodle that incorporates this momentous holiday, the Cuban is going to mark it this occasion 5ivebruhs style. With a YouTube video, and his favorite song complete with lyrics playing on the 5ivebruhs playlist. Enjoy and remember one love, one heart.

This is one of the illist interviews done for a musical artist. Bob breaks down the powerful spiritual elements of Reggae, and showcases what a revolutionary figure he was. He was more then just a herb smoker. He was a rebel, who was fighting against the status quo. This is why he still connects to so many people, the world over. 


Iron Lion Zion- Bob Marley
I am on the rock and then I check a stock
I have to run like a fugitive to save the life I live
I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion (repeat)
Iron Lion Zion
I'm on the run but I ain't got no gun
See they want to be the star
So they fighting tribal war
And they saying Iron like a Lion in Zion
Iron like a Lion in Zion,
Iron Lion Zion

I'm on the rock, (running and you running)
I take a stock, (running like a fugitive)
I had to run like a fugitive just to save the life I live
I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion (repeat)
Iron Lion Zion, Iron Lion Zion, Iron Lion Zion
Iron like a Lion in Zion, Iron like a Lion in Zion
Iron like a Lion in Zion


No comments: