Monday, January 23, 2012

Look what Jonny found...

This is a rapper that I discovered while listening to the roots new album on youtube. His song was used as a background to a bumper for a music and arts festival and I fell in love with the track...Unfortunately they didnt have the name of the song as a title foe thr video so I had been spending the week trying to find it. I finally did today and have been addicted to nearly every track that I've heard thus far. He has an extremely versatile command of rhythm and rhyme with a clarity and sophistication that is unlike any rapper I've heard in his age bracket. He's truly a virtuoso of rap and his name: Kendrick Lamar. Take a listen to this track and feel free to let me know if I'm jocking him too hard.

1 comment:

Optimus Negro said...

If you haven't already download "Section 80". Awesome album.