Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be inspired... Good Friends

I’ve been going through dark times in my young age recently and I have to remember to keep myself inspired, and with this article I will try to do the same for you, the reader, who may also be facing similar times.


Things in life don’t always go as planned.  Sometimes things happen that are out of our control.  This is when we have to buckle down to bring out the outcome we desire most.  In these types of situations we can only trust in God to be there for us and to help us overcome all adversity and to keep our sanity.  But good friends, friends that are there for you as much as you are for them, can make it that much easier.  I have been going through some tough times myself, hence the lack of posts from the P!ed P!per, but there are those who have been there for me and have made dealing with life’s hiccups manageable. And I thank them for that.

Good friends are hard to come by, and people who claim that everyone that they meet is a good friend need to re-evaluate this assumption.  I don’t claim to have many friends, b/c I don’t use that term willy-nilly.  Family and friends go together, God chose my family and he’s given me the opportunity to choose my friends, I don’t take this responsibility lightly.  I’m a firm believer in playing your cards close to the chest and scrutinizing every situation inwardly before seeking outward help.  Outward help can be there when you can’t fix it yourself or if you have it figured out and still want another point of view.
Don’t let them go.  If you have some people in your life that mean the world to you, you should never let them go by any means.  There are always ways to work things out, whether you can see them or not, you just have to set your mind to keep them in your life, and the same goes for them.  It can’t be one sided. Believe in hope.  That friendship came about for a reason, and as long as you keep that in the forefront of your mind, you’ll realize it should remain.  I’m a believer that everything happens for a reason and only YOU can nullify that reason, no one else.  Even when everything else is telling you to let go of the relationship with someone you’ve come close to, you simply can’t.  Why? Because you will never be fulfilled. You will never fully receive the blessings and lessons God has for you.  Remember, he put them there for a purpose.

This article is inspired by a recent call that I had from one of my friends that came at the right time.  I had been feeling like my back was against the wall and my situation would never improve and I was in the process of losing one of my best friends, needless to say I couldn’t sleep because of all this.  My friend on the phone informed me that even through these types of situations there is so much to be thankful for.  He also told me that if I want something, if I want to keep my relationships with the people who matter the most to me that playing your cards so close to the chest is not the thing to do.  If there is something you want, no scratch that, something you NEED then you must fully pursue that and not give in to life’s curves.  You gotta roll with it and keep your joy through it all, b/c without that joy in your heart you can never convey what your heart is truly feeling.  Now this doesn’t mean lowering your head and charging whatever situation you’re facing, trust me I’ve done this and it has made it so much worse.  

You have to be doing whatever it takes to make it work, even if that means doing nothing at all.  I’m an impatient ass dude and learning this lesson will help me a lot in the future. Psalms 62:5 reads, “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.”



 You have to put all the BS aside and speak from a clear and joyful heart to effectively push for the things you want.  I’m on this now, and quite frankly it feels great.  I feel like I can’t lose, and I won’t lose.  I want a great future, I want God in my life, I want to KEEP my relationships with those I care about and damnit I just want to be happy.  And I will.


L’Chaim…. P!ed P!per.

No comments: