Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"THE BIG THREE"

Jonny Casanova lives people. 5ivebruhs is back in full effect. Things have been pretty good. I went back to school recently to get my masters and its been great. I gotta say though, going back to school within a year of undergrad gives one an entirely new perspective on things. I very much suggest it. All of the benefits of undergrad with the life experience that you wish you had prior. Makes for some good times. Anyway, here is a true account of the most eventful night of last weekend. I will leave out specifics in order to protect the identities of those involved.

With that said, here are 3 things that I will never stop/turn down once the situation presents itself. We'll call them "THE BIG THREE" for the purposes of the blog.

They are as follows:

1. If someone offers me a beer

2. If someone offers me some of that soul flower (that's weed for the squares out there)

3. If a woman is taking my clothes off

I wrote a blog months ago back when 5ivebruhs was very active entitled "It's from the Earth" about weed, the benefits thereof and why it should be legalized. Well I must say after the weekend bender that I just had, I can say that all of those things that I outlined remain to be true, even number 4, I had the good fortune of knocking that one off the list as well... for those of you who are new or need a refresher, here is an excerpt from that fateful post.

***flash back***

1. It makes food taste better.

2. It makes scary movies scarier and funny movies funnier.

3. It makes music sound AMAZING.

4. (I hear but have never experienced) It makes sex feel better.

5. It makes conversations "seemingly" more important and deep...lol.

6. There isnt an organization called Mothers Against High Driving

7. There is medical marijuana but not medical vodka or tequila

***end of flashback***

Anyway. You caught up? Good. The weekend I just had was full of fun with an extreme apathy for making responsible decisions. I decided to exercise nearly all the rights that Brother Martin Luther King fought for in expert fashion. It was awesome.

I am pretty sure that I experienced all of the most fun things that can happen when you smoke weed all in one 4 day stretch, but I will highlight just one night. It all started when I went to my neighbors house to retrieve my jacket that I left there after a huge party they had the night before. ***cue flashback music***

I walked up the stairs with 1 purpose and suddenly I was hit with 1 of the "THE BIG THREE".

"Hey Colin, you want a beer?
"Of course I do." I answer knowing I'm in for a hell of a night. 1 beer will always turn into 2 and if your me, it may turn into.....more than that...

1 beer turned into 3 then suddenly someone pulled out the bong. At this point I was no longer concerned with having a quiet night at home. I looked around for my jacket, grabbed it, and right as I was turning to head back home, the rotation of the bong had worked its way to me, as if it knew I was leaving. There was no way I was gonna turn it down...2 out of "THE BIG THREE" had gotten me at this point. After inhaling a massive amount of smoke from a device that used to be a bottle of Jose Cuervo Gold, it wasn't but a couple of minutes before I was on Mars chillin'. After receiving texts from some friends about going out, I was a little hesitant about thrusting myself into a social situation given my condition but something told me that everything was gonna be fine. So I left. No goodbyes. You tend to be less concerned with etiquette when you're in that state of mind. One of my friends was performing that night so we went to his show. Me and a couple of school friends get to the bar. As I entered, all of the colors and lights combined with the music and the energy of the bar made it a seemingly religious experience for me. I was on cloud 9 but if only I could get the third of the BIG THREE handled before the end of the night. It was as if I knew it would happen but I didn't know how.

***After about an hour and a half***

"Were leaving, were over it...(unintelligible)" a friend of mine's voice trails off as the DJ cranks the volume in this extremely colorful bar. She grabs my hand and signals me to leave. I wonder how many people I know and hadn't said hello to. I also wondered if anyone knew how inebriated I was. I quickly decided that I didn't really care that much.

"Where are we going?" I yelled, seemingly at the top of my lungs

I couldn't hear where she said we were going I was just hoping it wasn't what I thought I heard. But, Of course it was the bar I swore never to enter again (long story). Anyway we get there and immediately this very attractive girl starts buying me shots of tequila and it wasn't before the last shot was taken that it seems we were downing another. By this time I was in a state of mind that we like to call equilibrium. Where the powers of the 2 forms of intoxication combine in just the right way. It finally dawned on me why she was buying me these shots and after a dazed ride back to her spot, a bottle of water and another hit of the ganga, I'm happy to say that I completed the 3rd of "THE BIG THREE" and number 4 on my "Why weed should be legalized" list.

So overall solid night. I did end up walking back to my house that next morning...I never knew the sun could be that bright.

Hope you enjoyed the story. I wish I could tell more but I'm pretty sure that's all I can remember right now. Oh, and call me a nerd but the movie you need to see while blazed is "The Legend of the Guardians The Owls of Ga'hoole". That jive blew my mind! ---------------->

Glad to be back. Follow us at twitter.com/5ivebruhs and tell your friends...

Peace

No comments: