Monday, September 9, 2013

Why Comics are important to us? As Told to Junot Diaz


Junot Diaz, certified genius and one of the greatest writers of our generation, recently had a signing of his new book This Is How I Lose Her at a Barnes and Noble in New York. During the signing some one posed a question on why comics are important. He then lays probably one of the most eloquent defense for the medium of comic books, and I would say nerd culture, that I've heard in a long time. Shot by DJ BenHaMeen, host of probably my favorite podcast to date Fanbros, this little grainy three minute video has made me feel more validated then a life time of BET Awards have never been able to accomplish. There's a second video on Akira and the power of Anime if you enjoyed the first at the fanbros website http://fanbros.com/junot-diaz/.


No comments: