Friday, October 23, 2009

Learn to Cook


I am going to share what I believe to be a skill that every man should know: how to Cook. I come from a long line of men who cook, Both My Grandfathers, My father, and my brother could all cook. My father said his grandfather could cook. The kitchen for my family is a man’s world. So it shocks me a little when a man says he can’t cook. When I see my friends heating up hot dogs in the microwave or chomping on their second TV dinner for the day I become a little perplexed. Men are expected to be able to drive, to pay your bills, to dress, to fuck, very well. Why is cooking not added to the list? To be a man, is to be independent right? When you learn to cook, you gain a little bit of independence. You can prepare a meal for yourself. You are not reliant on anyone to simply survive. In this world of instant everything, where fast food is cheep and plentiful, the art of cooking is a dying skill set. Let me tell you, nothing is better then being able to cook your women a nice dinner, breakfast, or even a fucking snack. The least you can do when you’ve been playing video games all day.Here's a simple way to get started
The Cuban’s Baked Barbeque Chicken

Here is what you need
Chicken
Organo
Basil
Red Pepper
Black Pepper
Salt
Barbeque Sauce
Oil
Water
A Pan
A Oven

Preheat the oven at 400 degrees. While its preheating wash your pieces of chicken and place them in the pan. Spice your chicken. Shit you can use whatever ones you want. I gave you these as a suggestion. If you don’t know what a spice is you probably should wikipedia it. Mix the barbeque sauce, a little oil, and water in a bowl. Pour it over the chicken. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and poke holes for ventilation (no idea if this helps, but hell you’ll look like you know what you’re doing). Bake for 30 minutes (make sure you set a timer if you are the one who has a habit of getting distracted). Uncover Chicken and bake for another 15 minutes. Pull out (snicker) and let it cool (bigger snicker). Then fill your belly.

wineIf you got a lady or an alcoholic try a nice glass of wine. Chicken being a white meat, a white is in courage, but because of Barbeque being a red sauce, a red works just as well. I personally suggest a Chardonnay. Plus women (and yes this is a generalization) tend to like whites so you will score extra points for that little tid bit of knowledge.

1 comment:

The Nerd said...

I have tasted this dish and I can confirm its goodness. Also missed you at homecoming bruh.