Monday, December 7, 2009

Happiness!!!

A few weeks ago I posted about all of the things in life that annoyed me. As we approach the holidays I want to post about some of the things that always put a smile on my face. So let’s take a look at all of the things that make my heart sing with joy and delight.






The first snow of the year: I am sure our readers in the northern regions may kindly disagree but I still absolutely love the first snow of the year. There is something special about waking up, looking out the window and gazing upon vast expanses of snow covered land. To me the first snow is like waking up and being transported to another world. Everything you see is colored in a different light and the landscape shows a different form of beauty. The crunch of the snow under your boots, the silence of the wind, and the taste of a handful of powder is good for the soul. Snow also takes me back to my youth and getting excited about the possibility of school being canceled. Unfortunately, my school was run by a bunch of dickbags who did not believe in snow days, or happiness.







Getting a new videogame: Let it be known that I am a geek. I love videogames. One of the greatest pleasures is the excitement that comes with a new videogame. Many of these pleasures are shared with receiving any new item we buy or receive but my fondest memories are usually tied to a new game. I love the act of taking the game out of its protective wrapper, opening up the pristine case and taking deep breath. The smell of a brand new game box is something that every good person can appreciate. The nice thing about games however, is that the fun does not stop once you open the box. The anticipation as you put the disc into your game console and wait for the game to begin is to die for. If you are lucky all of your excitement was well worth it as you are rewarded with a great game experience.







The smile of a pretty girl: I love women. I love pretty women, a lot. One thing that always makes me happy is the smile of a pretty woman. What makes me happier is if said woman is smiling at me. Something about a woman’s (sincere) smile just lets you know everything is going to be all right. Keep smiling ladies, I appreciate it and I know lots of other men do too.







Christmas Morning: This is something that I have always loved since I was a little boy. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. It has the perfect combination of family, friends, food and of course getting and giving gifts never hurts. What makes the holiday even better is the build up to it. A whole month of shopping and making of lists of what you want and what you want to give. Then two to three weeks of watching the Christmas tree with great interest and checking what presents hide beneath with your name on it. Finally you have Christmas Eve where you sit around and watch Christmas movies with the family, before going to bed early to prepare for the big day ahead. Of course just like any good little boy I could never sleep worth a damn on Christmas Eve and finally after hours of tossing and turning with LEGO toys and Mario games dancing in my head sleep finally comes. The whole holiday is capped off with the moment you open your eyes, run downstairs and you see your family all happy to see you yet slightly annoyed as you slept in till noon and breakfast has gone cold. I love it.







Deep Dish Pizza: I have decided that if you don’t like deep dish pizza you are a Nazi. What is there not to love? Do you like pizza? YES. Do you like bread? YES! Deep dish pizza gives you both, all in one nice oily package. Anyone who likes that terrible excuse for food called New York style pizza over Deep Dish Chicago style pizza is probably a criminal, and hates Christmas.






Puppies and Kittens: C’mon. They are adorable. Except for the ones that have ringworm. Fuck those kittens.







The company of good friends: I love being around my friends. They manage to make me smile, no matter how bad my day has been. I always hearken back to my college days and being in the company of the bruhs. I found it impossible not to laugh or smile when I was around them and I always felt extremely blessed to have friends as good as they were and still are.





Now time for some quick fire happiness:





Driving my car in the mountains



Watching Monday night football



Drinking a nice glass of scotch on a cold winters day



Finishing up a hard day’s work



The way you look in your favorite outfit



Dressing nicely



Doing a good deed



Making someone else’s day better



A cold Yuengling with some nice buttery popcorn



Star Wars



The way you feel after getting a haircut



The Coors Light commercials with the post game interviews



The Indianapolis Colts Winning the Super bowl



Success



Exceeding Expectations



BIG HDTV’s



Your Mom



Tell me what makes you smile?

2 comments:

CtotheB said...

I'm with you on everything but the pizza. Deep dish is dope but new york style is the king.

ELA Exclusive said...

WHOA! Attack on the only true form of American Pizza ... not cool! And yes, I do hate Christmas.

However, untouched snow is a thing of pure beauty, as is a great smile, or even the way you feel when giving a genuine smile.

As for things that make me smile:

The look on a child's face when they learn something new - it's amazing!

The horizon at sunrise or sunset