Sunday, December 6, 2009

just listen pt. 2

15. success: jay-z ft. nas (pro. by no i.d.) on this track, jay-z borrows a line from eminem and it apparently energizes him. plus, with nas on his heels, jay had to come with it. best track off american gangster.








14. till i collapse: eminem ft. nate dogg (pro. by em) this made me a believer in eminem and placed him in my top 10 MC's of all time. plus nate dogg's on the hook....its all good.








13. i got money: young jeezy ft. t.i. (pro. by dj toomp) i got it from bailey's © jeezy








12. what's beef: mos def (live from chappelle show) two classic verses from two great rappers.....however, mos def wins.








11. play your cards right: common ft. bilal (pro. by karriem riggins) bilal drops what is probably my fav. hook on a common record.








10. wipe me down (remix): lil boosie ft. foxx & webbie(pro. by mouse) classic southern party song. it honestly gets no better.








9. sportscenter: lil wayne: (pro. by just blaze) this instrumental came off the s.carter collection promo cd from reebok. lil wayne took the track and did better than jay-z. dedication II is wayne at his best in my opinion.








8. don't cry: j dilla: (pro. by dilla) the best instrumental album of the decade is donuts. if you are an aspiring producer or rapper, you need to own donuts. the sample chops on this track are ridiculous. R.I.P dilla








7. ms.jackson: outkast (pro. by outkast) it was between ms.jackson & red velvet...i could go either way. but the forever, forever-ever, forever-eva © dre 3000 gives ms.jackson the edge








6. wood wheel: ugk (pro. by pimp c) my favorite track from ugk. it reminds me of epmd the way they play off each other's strong points. great lyrics. great production. great track.








5. stay high (remix): 3 6 mafia ft. project pat, slum thug, and trick daddy (pro. by dj paul & juicy j) my party song of 2005. 'nuff said.








4. web: the roots (pro. by ?uestlove) black thought, my favorite MC, gets BUSY on this track. this is the track that made me a believer in the roots. the festival made me an unabashed roots stan








3. beautiful morning: little brother (pro. by 9th wonder) little brother provided the college soundtrack to my life for the first two years. hearing this song makes me proud to be from NC and motivates me to be successful.








2. get dis money: slum village: (pro. by dilla) bataan delivers one of my favorite lines ever in rap on the 3rd verse when i was a young boy, chillin in my daddy's nuts...lol. R.I.P bataan








1. move/renaissance rap: q-tip: (pro. by dilla/q-tip) anytime these two are on a track its guaranteed to be a success. the renaissance was the best album of 2008, and is nominated for grammy rap album of the year. the production on renaissance rap defines my personality. laidback, kinda quirky, enjoyable...that's me. my favorite rap song of the past decade.








for the next few weeks, expect decade-ending music list from bob george. peace

No comments: