Here are some things that I have learned during this process.
1. My life is much more boring
2. Giving up something doesn't make you a better person
3. Removing a de-motivator (like weed) doesn't make you more motivated
4. Drunk people are only more annoying when you don't know them
5. Being the DD is not so bad
6. I get a phantom mini hangover when people that start a story with "I was real fucked up"
7. Smoking weed is awesome but it can be a monumental waste of time
8. Drinking is ok but its a detrimentally unhealthy vice
9. Knowing 7 and 8 makes it hard to consider starting back again
Ive learned a shit ton more but I think those 9 get the point across. DFTF.